Share This Tour:
One of our favourites – this is a large virtual tour for the English Football Association of the national football training ground, St George’s Park, near Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. The FA already had a similar tour done a couple of years before but it was beginning to look dated, and had limited interactivity, so 360 imagery were invited to tender for the work. We won the competitive tender and, over a 3-4 month period, visited the site to capture over 40 high-resolution panoramas from various heights – from 400 feet using a “heavy lift” UAV drone specifically built for capturing 360 panoramas, to 8m mast scenes around the football pitches and more traditional “eye level” scenes. That was back in 2015 – and each year since we have returned to add new scenes and update areas that have changed. In 2018, we re-shot the aerial 360s too using a Canon 5DS R 50 megapixel camera.
- Opening panorama shot from 400 feet using a UAV drone specially-constructed for capturing high-resolution, “pixel perfect” panoramas.
- 40 individual 360×180 degree panoramic scenes around the site shot from 8 metres or “eye level”.
- Bespoke graphic user interface (GUI) designed around client storyboard including scene text-based information boxes.
- 360 degree panning x 180 degree up / down view for a truly immersive virtual tour experience.
- Tour optimised to run full screen in high definition whilst downloading seamlessly.
- Navigation buttons, help screen, tripod cap (called the GUI, or Graphic User Interface) all designed around the client corporate identity, logo & colour sway.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography technique evens the lightest and darkest areas of the image, so you won’t see ‘blown out’ windows or loss of detail.
- Virtual tour published in Flash & HTML5 for viewing on all current platforms, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
- ‘White Label’, unbranded service available.
Client: The English Football Association